4 Neck Pain Truths You Ought To Know
4 Neck Pain Truths You Ought To Know
Neck pain has a prevalence rate of 30 percent in the USA. It’s so common that most people dismiss the symptom until it becomes a recurring and chronic concern. The good news is that you have various options available for neck pain relief in Eagan. The only challenge is to find a suitable choice based on the specific trigger of your discomfort. We have listed four must-know truths about neck pain to help you plan how to move forward and ensure a smooth recovery.
Truth #1: Every case of neck pain is unique
Neck pain can be an isolated incident or a recurring problem depending on the cause. So, it would help to evaluate or analyze the factors contributing to your symptom. You might need to retrace your steps and note previously sustained injuries or pre-existing conditions to narrow down the possible trigger of your pain.
By doing so, you can determine if your neck pain is an isolated issue or a chronic and recurring health complaint. Additionally, this will help you find an intervention that can help you unlock lasting neck pain relief in Eagan.
Truth #2: It is not okay to neglect neck pain
If you have neck pain, it is vital to get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible. That is because neck pains can be a sign of something more serious. So, the earlier you get checked out, the better your chances of alleviating your symptoms and preventing complications like recurring headaches and even spinning sensations.
Here are some reasons why you might want to see a doctor:
- Neck pain that lasts for longer than two weeks without improvement
- You’re having difficulty sleeping or sitting for an extended period
- Your symptoms have worsened and started to interfere with your daily activities.
- Your neck pain has caused mobility problems that require extended bed rest.
Truth #3: Your posture can lead to chronic neck pain
Posture plays a significant role in how your body feels and functions. The better your posture is, the healthier you are likely to feel overall. It can also help prevent future health problems such as headaches and back and neck pain – be it episodic or chronic. So if you experience undeniable neck pain frequently, you must be extra mindful of your posture, not just for your neck pain but for your overall health. Additionally, we strongly recommend following these tips for better posture:
- Explore upper cervical chiropractic to fix postural imbalances
- Stretch in between long work hours
- Incorporate neck and shoulder stretching into your exercise routine
- Say yes to ergonomic furnishing, especially when you work from home
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and chronic neck pain, download our complimentary e-book by clicking the image below.
Truth #4: Stress can potentially cause neck pain
Stress can cause or aggravate neck pain causing health problems. Studies explain that the body undergoes a series of physical and chemical changes that affect normal body function. It can tighten muscles, affect the flexibility of joints and ligaments, and heighten pain and pressure sensitivity.
Furthermore, research has found that people under extreme stress are less likely to care for their posture and diet. Some barely notice and address the pain or other symptoms they experience.
If you feel stressed or anxious, we strongly suggest exploring relaxation or calming techniques to ease your neck pain and protect your body against additional injuries. Some examples of strategies you can explore are as follows:
- Engage in more physical activities (go for low-impact exercises first!)
- Take a break from work and social media
- Say yes to breathing exercises
- Take supplements like magnesium, Vitamin B6 and Ashwagandha
- Practice helpful self-care techniques
- Surround yourself with loving and caring people
Upper Cervical Care and Its Potential as a Source of Neck Pain Relief in Eagan
Many options are available for resolving neck pain, including upper cervical chiropractic care. Most patients looking for a way to experience neck pain relief in Eagan can attest to the amazing benefits of upper cervical chiropractic.
If you’ve ever tried chiropractic care, you know how helpful and relieving the sessions can be. But if you haven’t explored this option, now is the time to consider seeking our upper cervical doctor, Dr. Fellows.
During your consultation, our chiropractic doctor will perform a series of diagnostic procedures, including:
- X-ray scans to check how far your neck bones shifted away from the head and spine
- Physical examination of your neck to assess swelling or tenderness
- Posture and analysis to determine your muscle and body symmetry
- Static palpation to check for skin texture changes or bone protrusion
- Nervo-Scope® instrumentation to detect heat changes in the spine due to nerve pressure and inflammation
Dr. Kristin Fellows of Cornerstone Family Chiropractic
A good upper cervical chiropractor will work with you to identify the source of your discomfort and devise a plan to address it. Dr. Kristin Fellows, the go-to person for many people seeking neck pain relief in Eagan commits to providing gentle chiropractic care and helpful tips to help retrain the spine and negate the effects of the misalignments.
Dr. Fellows has been practicing since 2002, specializing in the Gonstead chiropractic technique. Hence, you can be confident of receiving the best care for your aching neck.
Are you ready to explore a sustainable to achieve neck pain relief in Eagan? We can help! You may book your appointment by calling 651 209 9710 or filling out our online consultation form. Alternatively, you can visit us at Cornerstone Family Chiropractic during office hours.
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Fellows, call our Eagan office at (651) 209-9710. You can also click the button below.